NEXT (SAIF Files)
- Deals with power 'modes' and 'phases' of subsystems
- Might be difficult to integrate with loosely-timed modelling ?
- Difficult to record energy consuming events, such as individual bus transactions,
- Power consumption for a component read from a table that must always be manually created.
Experimental `Prazor' System:
- Supports power and energy equally well, with power calculations being accurate at the end of each LT quantum.
- Requires each component to inherit the prazor base class (current implementation),
- Enables physical size of components to be logged (e.g. as a basis for nominal place and route),
- Allocates X-Y co-ordinates to each component,
- Wiring distances can be estimated using Rent's rule OR measured from X-Y coordinates if placed,
- Power/energy consumption for a component can depend on constructor args (e.g. memory size, bus width).
- No API for dynamic voltage scaling, but dynamic-frequency is kind-of intrinsic to the energy-logging approach.