HOME   PREV FURTHER NOTES NEXT (Kiwi : Compiling Concurrent Programs to Hardware)
Synthesis from C and other programing languages.
Can we convert arbitrary or legacy programs to hardware ? Not well.
Can we use software-style constructs in new C-like languages ? Yes.
- Program must be finite state,
- all recursion bounded,
- all dynamic storage allocation outside of infinite loops,
- use only boolean logic and integer arithmetic,
- limited string handling,
- very limited standard library support,
- be explicit over which loops have run-time bounds.
C-To-V compiler from 1995.
Bubble Sorter Example
Commercial products available : SystemCrafter, Catapult, SimVision, CoCentric, ... others.
Try out an online demo on your own fragment of C at