SML.NET in Visual Studio .NET
The binary distribution now comes with an experimental package for Visual Studio .NET.
Its main features are:
- Support for Visual Studio .NET 2002 & 2003.
- A simple project system, supported by wizards.
- Syntactic support: lexical colouring, bracket matching and syntax checking.
- Intellisense against SML and .NET libraries: .NET APIs are shown with their ML types.
- Continuous type inference: catch type errors without recompiling.
- Basic support for the Visual Studio source code debugger.
The user guide contains instructions on installation and use of the VS package.
These screenshots show the editor and debugger in action: