Current open opportunities include:
- Royal Society Industry Fellowships. For permanent staff to undertake an industry placement of up to 2 years (full time, can be pro rata for longer). Closes 30th Sept
- Royal Society Research Grants, which provide up to £15K to purchase specialised equipment, consumables and services for those wtihin the first 5 years of their first academic position. Closes 15th Oct
- Royal Society International Exchanges Scheme. Funding for new international collaborations, for one-off visits or bilateral travel over up to 2 years. Closes 21st Oct
- Royal Academy of Engineering/Leverhulme Senior Research Fellowships. Covers teaching and admin buyout for up to one year to enable applicant
to concentrate on full-time research. Closes 27th Oct
- If you have collaborators or potential collaborators in developing countries, they may be interested in the Royal Society's Newton Fellowships or Newton Mobility Grants, which would fund their travel, subsistence and research costs in order to develop or strengthen collaborations with partners here. Both schemes close on 22nd Oct
There is general information on preparing an application here, and there is also some advice on constructing impact statements.
Potential collaborators can find information about setting up a research collaboration.
If there's anything else you think it might be useful to add, or if you have other comments, do let me know.