Current open funding opportunities include:
- Security for the Internet of Things £60-90K (from MI5/MI6/GCHQ) for three month proof-of-concept projects that address either or both of 'security of internet devices' and 'linking and understanding IoT data'. Closing date is 29th October, with project outputs to be delivered by 31st March 2016 at which point further funding maybe available.
- Software verification and validation for complex systems Innovate UK/DSTL funding for technical feasibility studies focusing on verification and validation in cyber physical systems and systems with emergent behaviours. £50-£100K for 6-12 month projects, which must be led by an SME. Closes 18th November.
- UK/France scientific collaboration networks Seed funding from the French Embassy for 2-day meetings in London for up to 20 scientists to discuss potential collaborative projects (there must be UK- and France-based leads, who have previously collaborated). Closes 30th November
- Leverhulme Trust Research Fellowships Covers research expenses and/or replacement teaching costs of up to £50K over 3-24 months, and must start between 1 June 2016 and 1 May 2017. Closes 12th November
- RAEng ERA Foundation Entrepreneurs Award £10K personal award and £30K research award for an early-stage reserach researcher in the broad area of electro-technology, particularly for those with less than 6 years post-PhD (also open to PhD students). Closes 2nd November.
When it comes to publishing your work, you can find information here about open access, open data and other funder and related requirements.
Potential collaborators can find information about setting up a research collaboration.
If there's anything else you think it might be useful to add, or if you have other comments, do let me know.