The channels (e.g. frequency slots in FDMA, timeslots in TDMA and codes in CDMA) used in a wireless network are limited in number and are usually reused to increase system capacity. Reusing the wireless channels causes co-channel interference and adjacent channel interference, which degrades the performance of the wireless system.
My research looks into ways of dynamically allocating the wireless channels such that the interferences are minimized. A broadband fixed wireless access system is modelled in OPNET to study various dynamic channel allocation (DCA) strategies.
1. Dave Singelee, Ford-Long Wong, Bart Preneel, Frank Stajano, "A Theoretical Model for Location Privacy in Wireless Personal Area Networks," Technical Report, no.1176, KU Leuven COSIC, Oct 2008
2. Shin Horng Wong, "Channel Allocation for Broadband Fixed Wireless Access Networks," PhD thesis, University of Cambridge, May 2003
3. Shin Horng Wong, Ian J. Wassell, "Channel Allocation for Broadband Fixed Wireless Access," 5th IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC), Honolulu, Hawai, Oct 2002
4. Shin Horng Wong, Ian J. Wassell, "Dynamic Channel Allocation Using a Genetic Algorithm for a TDD Broadband Fixed Wireless Access Network," IASTED International Conference in Wireless and Optical Communications, Banff, Canada, pp. 521-526, Jul 2002
5. Shin Horng Wong, Ian J. Wassell, "Dynamic Channel Allocation for Interference Avoidance in a Broadband Fixed Wireless Access Network," 3rd International Symposium on Communication Systems Networks and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP02), Staffordshire, UK, pp. 352-355, Jul 2002
6. Shin Horng Wong, Ian J. Wassell, "Distributed Dynamic Channel Allocation Using Game Theory for Broadband Fixed Wireless Access," 2002 International Conference on Third Generation Wireless and Beyond, San Francisco, pp. 304-309, May 2002
7. Shin Horng Wong, Ian J. Wassell, "Application of Game Theory for Distributed Dynamic Channel Allocation ," IEEE 55th Vehicular Technology Conference, Spring 2002, Birmingham, AL, pp. 404-408, May 2002
8. Shin Horng Wong, Ian J. Wassell, "Performance Evaluation of a Packet Reservation Multiple Access (PRMA) Scheme for Broadband Fixed Wireless Access," London Communications Symposium 2001, pp. 179-182, Sep 2001