- Research Overview
- MPhil Information
- Wireless Comms
- Bat System
- Broadband Phone
- Sentient Vehicles
- Task Assignment
- Computing for the Future of the Planet
- Active Floor
- Open-Source CSK Energy
DTG Local Pages
- Cambridge Weather
- Contact Details
Statistics About ITS
A short list of links with statistics on ITS. (Part of our list of Intelligent Transportation & Sentient Vehicles: Related Links.)
- World Intelligent Transportation Systems Market to Exceed US$20.7 Billion by 2010 Road user charging is fastest growing sector.
- Automotive sensor market to be $10 bn in 2006 Mostly in the powertrain and chassis.
- Most Cameras per Mile in the UK Junctions 3A to 7 on the M42 round Birmingham, the 10 miles includes 100 speed cameras, 276 CCTV sites and hundreds of electronic road sensors to monitor traffic flow and improve the life of the motorist.
- Ipod Integration Kit Statistic The ABI Research study indicates that iPod integration kit shipments will more than double between 2008 and 2010. Global shipments should surpass 11 million vehicles annually by 2011, delivering a market value of over $314 million.
- EC to spend 2 bn Euros in ITS over next 7 years Roughly €2bn (£1.36bn) share of the European Research and the trans-European Transport Network budgets for the period 2007 -2013 will be devoted to intelligent transport.
- Number of Cars on UK Roads Overall, there are 32,897,000 vehicles registered for use on UK roads including cars, vans, taxis, buses and trucks.
- DfT Statistics at the Times Online 33m Number of vehicles in Britain, up by six million over the past decade, 25% Amount by which traffic congestion is predicted to increase by 2015, £22bn Economic damage inflicted by congestion by 2025, 2 miles Maximum distance of one in four car journeys