- Research Overview
- MPhil Information
- Wireless Comms
- Bat System
- Broadband Phone
- Sentient Vehicles
- Task Assignment
- Computing for the Future of the Planet
- Active Floor
- Open-Source CSK Energy
DTG Local Pages
- Cambridge Weather
- Contact Details
A list of articles and news links related to ITS hardware around the world. (Part of our list of Intelligent Transportation & Sentient Vehicles: Related Links.)
- FlexRay bus: replacement for CAN The FlexRay communications network is a new deterministic, fault-tolerant and high-speed bus system. FlexRay delivers the error tolerance and time-determinism performance requirements for x-by-wire applications
- Aplicom F-Series The Aplicom F-series is a compact vehicle workstation with advanced telemetry functions. Multi-display support, internal GPS receiver, internal GSM/GPRS modem, expansion module space and wireless software update. Aplicom F-series is also available with Linux operating system.
- Lexus Deploys Gaze-Tracking Technology New Lexus vehicles will have gaze tracking technology in order to alert the driver to obstacles ahead when they are not looking. A rear-facing camera will also track whether a rear-end collision is imminent, and adjust seat-belts and headrests accordingly.
- Nissan Deploys Intelligent Cruise Control Cruise control over full range of speeds (including to standstill), also intelligently slows down when approaching a corner, and speeds up again when leaving it. Distance Control Assist pushes back on accelerator and activates the brakes depending on distance from the vehicle in front (uses a radar sensor).
- Toyota Primes Brakes for Stop Sign Navigation system is aware of where stop signs are located, warns driver of approach (uses GPS sensor and rear-facing camera that recognises road markings), and adjusts braking force to ensure that the vehicle stops in time for the sign.