- Research Overview
- MPhil Information
- Wireless Comms
- Bat System
- Broadband Phone
- Sentient Vehicles
- Task Assignment
- Computing for the Future of the Planet
- Active Floor
- Open-Source CSK Energy
DTG Local Pages
- Cambridge Weather
- Contact Details
The Sentient Van
The Sentient Van is a blue Renault Kangoo. But it is no ordinary van. Lurking beneath its skin is an array of powerful computer equipment and sensors.
- More information about the project's aims and publications can be found on the Sentient Vehicle pages.
- We maintain a list of car related research projects elsewhere.
- Our compilation of misconceptions about the GPS lists the news articles we find where journalists haven't quite done their homework.
Local users only:
- If you are a member of the DTG and would like to borrow the van, please consult the instructions on this page.
- Please look at the page about power which includes details what to do if the battery goes flat.
- See the new equipment page for details of the equipment and software interfaces revised in May 2008, using RS485 in place of Canbus.
- See the hardware notes page for some assorted hardware notes regarding the May 2008 installation of equipment in the van.
- To see a list of suggestions for a permanent name for the Sentient Van, see the naming page.
- Local users can find van-related images in /import/dtg/sentient/van/images.
- See the noteworthy journeys page for details of particular journeys.
- For importing data, see the page about periods of time when data was known to be incorrect.
- See the notes page for comprehensive setup notes regarding the van.
- See the hardware notes page for some assorted hardware notes regarding the van when it used CAN Bus.
- See the equipment page for details of the equipment and software interfaces.
- See the Unison page for details of how to synchronise piddle and piddle2.
- See the CAN bus diagnosis page for details about diagnosing problems with the CAN bus.