- Research Overview
- MPhil Information
- Wireless Comms
- Bat System
- Broadband Phone
- Sentient Vehicles
- Task Assignment
- Computing for the Future of the Planet
- Active Floor
- Open-Source CSK Energy
DTG Local Pages
- Cambridge Weather
- Contact Details
Online Traveller Information Systems
Various links to interesting online traveller information systems around the world. (Part of our list of Intelligent Transportation & Sentient Vehicles: Related Links.)
- Tennessee Department of Transportation SmartWay Online real-time traffic conditions - including camera images and message boards - as well as weather-related road conditions. See also this news article.
- Washington State Department of Transport Comprehensive Vancouver/Portland? traveler information web page. See also this press release.
- Minneapolis Traffic Map Uses Google Maps overlaid with traffic speed data, plus accidents, road work and cameras.
- ZipCar Urban car-sharing run by a company who have a fleet of cars that can be reserved and unlocked by the reserver via an RFID key mechanism. Their website has a map of current vehicle locations.
- Missouri Department of Transport Online map of weather-related road conditions. The map, which is updated every 30 minutes during winter storms, will tell you whether a road is dry, wet, partly covered, covered or closed.
- Kuala Lumpur ITIS Online real-time map of road traffic conditions.
- Beijing Traffic View Real-time traffic information website.
- TfL Street Management Excellent site with a rollover map of roadworks, current congestion, and CCTV images.
- The car site for Tech fans News site devoted to technology in cars.
- Inrix providing dynamic fuel prices to Nav. units New offering that features enhanced point of interest (POI) data for 140,000 gas stations and dynamic fuel price data for 100,000 stations in the U.S.
- FlightAware Real-time tracking of aircraft flying across USA. Plenty of statistics and historic data, too.
- Google Ridefinder Real-time tracking of taxis in the USA.
- San Francisco Bay Area Real Time Traffic New network to be deployed soon, see http://www.examiner.com/a-457836~Officials___1B_plan_will_improve_drive_to__from_The_City.html.
- Elgin: electronic local government information network Allows local authorities to co-ordinate roadworks and similar tasks between regions.
- Weather.com Provides Truly Local Weather Weather.com has a radar/clouds mashup of Microsoft Live Local maps.
- RouteCast Traffic and Weather Integrates the display of weather and congestion information (including construction work) into one interface.