From 2011 the DTG is using Git for version control with a central location for repositories.
Getting access to git repositories
To gain access to the git repositories you will need to get your ssh public key into gitolite-admin/keydir/$CRSID.pub to do this you will need to email the git admins dtg-scm-admins@… (people determined to know enough git to fix things when the break them). You should then be able to do ssh -T git@svr-acr31-code and get an output of the list of repositories you have access to and what your permissions on them are. If you want to get emails when people push to the repositories then you need to be on the dtg-code mailing list, the initial list owner is acr31 and http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/local/sys/mail/mail-lists.html has instructions on how to edit the lists.
Creating git repositories
- You can git clone git@svr-acr31-code:gitolite-admin and *carefully* edit conf/gitolite.conf to see which ones currently exist and what the layout is and pick some suitable place in the namespace.
- git remote add origin git@svr-acr31-code:$REPONAME # add the remote repository
- git push --mirror # pushes the contents of your current repository to the default remote (including everything).
Adding a git admin
- Modify gitolite-admin/conf/gitolite.conf and add to the @admins group
- Add to the dtg-scm-admins mailing list. See http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/local/sys/mail/mail-lists.html initial list owner: drt24.