Real World Functional Programming
The goal of OCaml Labs is to push OCaml and functional programming forward as a platform, making it a more effective tool for current users (including significant industrial users) and at the same time growing the appeal of the language, broadening its applicability and popularity by a combination of technological advancements, creation of community infrastructure, and public communications.
We are always pleased to discuss collaboration opportunities, and feel free to contact us directly with any questions. A core principle of the OCaml Labs is that all of the work done here will be freely released available under open-source licences, and efforts made to integrate all work upstream (e.g. to INRIA, who originally developed and have maintained OCaml since its release in 1996).
This effort is run across multiple groups in the Computer Laboratory, primarily the SRG and PLS, and including collaborators from the Security, CompArch and DTG groups. We would like to especially thank our primary funder, Jane Street, for their generous support.
- 29th Dec 2013: The yearly review of 2013 is now available.
- 9th Dec 2013: Mirage OS 1.0 released!.
- 20th Nov 2013: New OCaml website is online..
- 17th Sept 2013: Software and Papers sections now available.
- 19th July 2013: New job: Scaling Distributed Applications to Millions of Nodes posted.
- 1st July 2013: Monthly report available for June 2013.
- 1st July 2013: Monthly report available for May 2013.
- 30th Apr 2013: Monthly report available for April 2013.
- 14th Apr 2013: MirageOS prominently featured in Linux Foundation Press Release.
- 30th Mar 2013: Monthly report available for March 2013.
- 18th Mar 2013: Won a Hub-of-All-Things grant for embedded development.
- 1st Mar 2013: Awarded EPSRC Network-as-a-Service grant with Imperial/Nottingham.
- 28th Feb 2013: Monthly report available for February 2013.
- 31st Jan 2013: Monthly report available for January 2013.
- 24th Dec 2012: Monthly report available for December 2012.
- 30th Nov 2012: Monthly report available for November 2012.