University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory
Minutes of the 102nd Health and Safety Committee Meeting
Held on the 20th August 2003 in GS22
Present: P Brooks (Chairman), C Bean, P Neaves, A Berroto, L Heptonstall (secretary), A Brown, R Moss, J Cartwright.
Apologies: G Titmus, M Levitt, S Bishop.
1.Items for any other business
2. Corrections to previous minutes.
3.Accidents and matters arising from Accident Reports
AB to chase up Accident Form ACTION AB
4.Personnel and Workplace Assessment Referral Forms
5.Matters arising from previous minutes
5.1 Lecture Theatres
It was confirmed which metal flaps were being replaced. This has been passed on as an issue with maintenance rather than Health and Safety.
5.2 Key Holders
AB is to confirm more names. ACTION AB
5.3 First Aid Room
CB is to look into finding a medicine cabinet to replace filing cabinet. Everything else on list is on order.
6. Any Other Business
Quote for Intel kitchen and FN corridor holdbacks has been requested, AB is waiting for their visit.
Notification of a Fire (See Item A.)
PAN and AB were called to attend to a fire in an ashtray on the east side of the building. After successfully extinguishing the fire, they noted that the ashtray had not been emptied for a long time. AB to speak to cleaners to make sure this is being done regularly.
JC requested a ‘walk round’ for second floor Fire Wardens.
PN is to show Engineering Wardens around the building.
It was suggested that a card for each fire warden with a checklist to use for there area during an emergency, AB/PN to look into this.
OK with FA to replace green “break glass” boxes with red “dual action” Boxes. Later: HoD decided not to do anything at the moment.
7.2 Building Inspection
There is still a domestic ladder being used in Stores. AB to obtain written authority that this is permitted.
7.3 Intel Teaching Lab
The clean up campaign will be implemented next month. LH to check with MAL re announcements and documents.
7.4 First Aid
We now have a set of pocket masks which will be given to First Aiders once they have been trained in their use.
PB reported that the University had been deemed safe.
7.6 Statement of Health and Safety Policy
Copy of The University’s new Health and Safety Policy to be brought to meeting or passed on to PB
7.7 Chiller System
AB says that as of 28th August all work should be complete.
7.8 Cycle Compound
Cycle compound work is to begin on Thursday the 28th. Notices to go up around compound and bolt cutters to be purchased to remove any cycles left unattended.
8.Date for future meetings
Meeting will take place at 14.15 in GS22 on the third Wednesday of every month unless stated otherwise:-
17th September, 15th October, 19th November, 17th December