Degree Committee for the Faculty of Computer Science and Technology
The Degree Committee oversees the approval of students as Graduate Students and the supervision of their work, the award of degrees, diplomas, and certificates in respect of graduate study or contributions to learning, and other cognate matters.
Information for Examiners of the M.Phil in Advanced Computer Science
The Degree Committee is grateful to Examiners for the M.Phil in Advanced Computer Science for their time.
The Examiners are expected to:
- pay due care and attention to the guidance from the Board of Graduate Studies and the General Board in the fulfilment of your duties.
M.Phil External Examiners Guide and general guidance for External Examiners
- attend the final meeting of Examiners at which marks are agreed and/or the class-list is signed. A dispensation from attendance at the final meeting may be granted by the Education Section of the General Board but only in unforeseen and exceptional circumstances. Applications should be made directly to the Education Section using the form that can be found at: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/education/examiners/dispensation.html
- comply with any policies of confidentiality and data protection provided to you by the Chairman of Examiners for the examinations to which you have been appointed. These will have been approved by the Degree Committee and may include an Examinations Data Retention Policy and policies relating to the setting of questions and papers under conditions of strictest security.
- submit a brief joint written report on the examination for the M.Phil in Advanced Computer Science to the Secretary of the Degree Committee for the Faculty of Computer Science, and a second brief joint written report on the examination for Part III of the Computer Science Tripos.
- submit an independent written report on the examination(s) to the Vice-Chancellor along with the enclosed Report Coversheets. Reports should be addressed to:
The Vice-Chancellor, University of Cambridge,
The Old Schools, Cambridge CB2 1TN
Or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that payment of your fee is conditional on receipt of your independent report which should be submitted by 1 October. Application forms for fees and expenses are enclosed and can be downloaded from: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/gradstud/staff/dc/examiners.html
- Note that the University will process personal information about you for the purpose of carrying out its internal examination processing. The University may publish your name and home institution in the University’s Reporter. In accepting the appointment, you give your consent to such processing, storage, use and publication.
All meetings of the Examiners for the M.Phil in Advanced Computer Science and Technology are held at the Computer Laboratory, William Gates Building, JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge, CB3 0FD.
|Michaelmas 2012 modules||Internal Examiners only||Friday 3 February 2012 14:00|
|Material to Externals||Week commencing 18 February|
|Lent 2013 modules||Internal Examiners only||Thursday 9 May 2013 14:00|
|Material to Externals||Week commencing 20 May|
|Easter 2013 modules||External and Internal Examiners||Tuesday 25 June 2013 10:00 - 16:30|
|Final Degree Committee||Chairman of Examiners||2 July 2013 14:15|
Link to MPhil/Part III module syllabi and also module coursework and assessment pages
The Secretary of the Degree Committee may be contacted at email@example.com or by telephone to (01223) 334656.
Graduate Education Office
William Gates Building
15 JJ Thomson Avenue
Cambridge, CB3 0FD