The Computer Laboratory is an academic department within the University of Cambridge that encompasses Computer Science, along with many aspects of Engineering, Technology and Mathematics. It consists of 41 academic staff, 29 support staff, 5 research fellows, 81 post-doctoral research workers and 119 PhD students. We have over 300 undergraduates studying for Part I, II and III of the Computer Science Tripos and 36 graduate students studying for the MPhil in Advanced Computer Science.
videos of the celebrations
Cambridge Computing – The First 75 Years
An extensively illustrated, highly readable and informative account of computing in Cambridge, from Babbage to the present day. This book will appeal to a wide readership, well beyond Cambridge, to everyone interested in the history of computing and the University of Cambridge.
Download book now (9.5MB PDF)
(Contact email@example.com if you would like to order a hard copy)
- Lab PhD wins Ubicomp 2014 Best Paper Award
- September edition of ‘The Ring’ now online
- Computer Laboratory hosts 2014 GNU Tools Cauldron
- Lab PhDs awarded Google European Doctoral Fellowship
- Professor Andy Hopper featured in the Sunday Times list of the 100 most influential Britons of the 21st century
- Administrative Assistant (Fixed Term)
- EPSRC CASE Studentship in the Pico Project (Fixed Term)
- EPSRC ICASE Studentship (Fixed Term)
- Research Assistant in Protection-Aware Compilers (Fixed Term)